Wednesday 17 January 2007

Dont cry over sour milk!

So I went to my aftercare meeting tonight. Was a good group but I felt awkard because a girl was there who I'd asked out before Christmas and it didnt work out .... its a small intimate group and I shouldnt have done it I know. Now its embarrassing for both of us. Oh well. You live and you learn.
I bought a pint of milk on my way home. My tea didnt taste great so I swigged some milk direct from the bottle. IT WAS SOUR. I cant believe it. And the thing that really annoys me is that the people in the shop MUST have known. The expiry date was today/tomorrow. And there were only two pints in the fridge. I reckon they put there almost expired stuff there to get rid of it.
Of course that could just be my paranoia .....
Phoned my sponsor. Answerphone. At least I called him.
My PC is a bit screwed. I get logged off about once every ten minutes. Its driving me BANANAS! I've checked the firewall, reinstalled the ISP software, run about 100 diagnostics... its well annoying. Need to deal.
I dealt with some hard work issues today in a way which I believe was honourable, kind, and just. It involved other people, their finger pointing, their issue - THEIR SHIT. I tried to concentrate on keeping my side of the street clean, let stuff go, prayed for them this morning, and prayed to my HP before the meeting to guide me.
I came out of it feeling OK.
Grateful grateful grateful to be sober today. Grateful that my youngest daughter told my oldest daughter that I am taking her ice skating at the weekend (which I promised last time I was with her). Im not sure why I am grateful, but I am. I feel very happy about it.
Grateful for my dental appointment tomorrow (I have an ever worsening toothache). Grateful that my life is becoming manageable enough to get a dental appointment before it becomes a CRYING emergency like it was last time.
Grateful that some words from my experience that I gave to a friend today were of some use.

No comments: